The Samovar Russian Folk Music Ensemble is known for its high energy and thoroughly entertaining live performances. Samovar particularly enjoys giving concerts for children and families, interacting with the children and getting them to dance and sing along.
Whether you’re looking for an authentic cultural experience, or simply good music and a great time, Samovar will make any event festive and fun.
Contact us today for more information about booking Samovar for your next event!
- St John Russian Orthodox Church bazaar, Washington, DC (since 1997)
- St Nicholas Orthodox Church bazaar, Washington, DC (since 1997)
- Washington Folk Festival (since 1999)
- Hillwood Museum Spring and Winter Festivals (since 2001)
- Takoma Park Folk Festival (since 2001)
- Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox bazaar, Baltimore, MD (since 2005)
- Kennedy Center Millenium Stage, Washington DC (Jan 10)
- Troika Russian Festival , Erie, PA (May 09)
- Kenting International Folk Festival, Taiwan (Aug 08)
- PFLAG Fundraiser, Hillwood Museum, Washington, DC (Apr 08)
- International Student House Winter Tea, Washington, DC (Jan 08)
- Columbia, MD Folk Festival (Jul 08)
- Royal Collington Retirement Home Sunday Concert (Aug 06)
- Mead Theater Lab, Washington, DC (Jun 06)
- George Washington University Maid Withers Dance Construction Company Premier Reception, Washington, DC (Apr 06)
- Whole Foods Market International Festival, Washington, DC (May 05)
- UN World Refugee Day, Washington, DC (Jun 02)
- Merrill Lynch Reception, Russian Embassy, Washington, DC (Jan 01)
Through the miracles of the Internet, Samovar’s recordings have spread widely. One of Samovar’s songs, “Krasnyy Sarafan [The Wedding Dress]”, is used at the Starlight Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas for the flower girl processional.